Next staff will be attending a the virtual conference Creating Safer & More Affirming Systems of Care for LGBTQ+ Youth, hosted by Center for Children & Youth Justice (CCYJ). In order for our full team to take advantage of this learning opportunity to better serve our youth, we will need to adjust our office hours for November 2nd. The Next team will be learning:
- Why we need specific protections and supports for LGBTQ+ youth
- What it means to be LGBTQ+, including the definitions of sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression (SOGIE)
- Some fundamental protections and supports for LGBTQ+ youth
- Some promising practices for discussing sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression (SOGIE) with youth
- Two steps they can take toward making their court, agency, or organization safer and more affirming.